Friday, January 8, 2010

Learning Guitar, Day 5

Today was pretty busy so I didn't get as much practice in as I usually do. I also only did 2 sessions of chord changes, getting around the same number as yesterday. My biggest problem right now is going too fast, and having the chords sound bad. I suppose that's the point of the exercise, but I prefer hearing the chords playing nicely. I also sometimes zone out a bit, and forget what I was doing, or where my fingers were supposed to end up. However, I'm getting better at playing only the correct strings, even at my fastest strumming.

I practiced playing Three Little Birds a bit more, but only the chorus. I found the chord changes easier, but it still took long enough for me to notice. I think I'll start recording myself to see how I sound when I'm not playing it, as it may actually sound just fine.

Hopefully I'll have more time to practice in the next few days. I'm going back up to school on Sunday, and I'll probably need a structured practice schedule when that happens, to make sure I get in everything I want to practice. I'll work that out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment