Wow, two weeks now?
So I tried out that metronome method today, and I can say it definitely worked. I worked on the A-D chord change, and I found I was worse than I thought. I tried starting at 60 bpm, but found it way too fast. Even 40 was too fast. I ended up working at 30, but it still took me a while to get it right. I found myself strumming too few or too many strings, or pressing the strings wrongly to make them dead or buzz. After a bunch of mess ups, I could finally get a few good strums in a row, but then I would mess up again. Eventually I could feel myself improving, but I was getting tired of the exercise. Tomorrow I will hopefully have improved enough to be able to start increasing the speed.
I also looked up the tabs for the Song of Storms from the Legend of Zelda games. I can play it somewhat, but my high E string buzzes when I play it on the 13th fret.
So tomorrow I will spend more time on getting things correct, and making sure they are correct. And more metronome practice!