Monday, January 25, 2010

Learning Guitar, Day 22

So I only just noticed my day numbers are off somehow. Oh well...

I started today by immediately trying out the C and G chords, and I had a major reversal in difficulty. Suddenly I could play the G chord almost all the time, and the C chord was annoyingly hard. I re-watched the video for it, and was able to play it, but it still didn't feel quite right.

I tried the one minute changes again:
C-Am: 26
C-A: 18
C-G: 18
G-E: 27
G-D: 28
My sudden understanding of G showed with this exercise. And my failure at C showed too, especially with the C-G change. Every time I played the C chord, it sounded too tinny (like one string was buzzing). I think I need to work on that more...

My scales are becoming a little easier, but I still don't feel like I can stretch as far as I would like. My biggest problems right now are making sure to press hard enough with my ring finger and pinkie, and pulling off my pinkie fast enough to not get annoying buzzing. Picking the right string is also getting annoying.

I'm actually getting more exciting about playing, since many songs use the C and G chords, so I'm finding I can play much more than before. I also found myself strumming random chords today, and enjoying it. It was a weird feeling, but I definitely liked it. More to come? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment